Monday, August 17, 2009

This wasn't supposed to be a ruffled skirt

But, as I'm apparently unable to think straight these days, it ended up being a ruffled skirt. See; ruffles. There weren't supposed to be any.
I think I might have to make another one, without the ruffles. Or maybe I'll just never sew anything for the 5yo ever again, because she's just so.. oh, stubborn is probably a good word.. Pigheaded, as the Leo she is. :)
The pattern is a very simple one that I drew up, the fabrics are the same that I used for the tiny one's peasant blouse. Altho I think I might have forgotten to mention where I got the fabrics. The dotted fabric is from Eurokangas, the Amy Butler fabric is from Get Knitted. Too bad they don't have more of it.

4 comments:

  1. Cute, as usual! I like the ruffles. My girls a stubborn too!
    I have left you a little something on my blog!
    ~Michele from By Your Side

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele - thanks! I like the ruffles too, I just kinda didn't want them on this skirt.. Apparently the skirt had other ideas. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. But they both (skirt and 5yo) both look darling!

    ReplyDelete