I saw a four-corner apron somewhere on Etsy, and thought it looked very cute. But since I have no use for aprons whatsoever, I thought that maybe I could make a similar dress, or top or something. And since I vowed to never ever again sew a dress for my older DD (hrm, you'll never guess what I'm making for her now..), I decided on a top instead. And as she liked the other top I made I thought I would use the same pattern for this one too. Here's what I ended up with
The "apron" is obviously a bit crooked.. I had a bit of a difficult time of figuring out how I should sew it on, so that's probably why it isn't completely straight. Still, it looks the way I had thought it would. :) Here's a closer pic
(Oh, and if anyone asks, the seam in the middle of the apron was a planned design effect, not the result of my mind not working properly.. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D )
I would have wanted to fasten the apron in the back with a button, but that would have made the top too tight, even now it's quite close-fitting. I added satin bands instead.
All-in-all, I'm very happy with this. :) So is the girl. See: