Sunday, July 26, 2009

Wehee, finally finished the raglan!

It took me precisely one month to knit this raglan, ridiculous. I guess I've been working on too many things at the same time. Anyway, now it's finally finished, yellow spider and all. :) And apparently the boy likes it, as he hasn't taken it off after I asked him to try it on. The sleeves ended up a bit to short, but I think I can easily stretch them out after washing. Other than that, it fits him perfectly.
I liked working with the yarn, it was nice and soft, we'll see how well it wears. It was Schoeller+Stahl Pantino, a cotton-acrylic blend. I prefer knitting cotton-blends, as they are usually softer than pure cotton. (of course, this does not apply in all cases, but I still prefer the blends. :) )

The boy wanted (after much discussion at the LYS) a grey and white-striped sweater, with a yellow spider. And that's exactly what he got.
I also wanted to do a little something different from just a plain top-down raglan, so I added an opening to the collar, and sewed on some bright buttons. Just for fun. :)
Pattern: Top Down Raglan Sweater generator by Knitting Fool
Yarn: Schoeller+Stahl Pantino
Size: fits my tall, skinny 7yo perfectly

6 comments:

  1. Pojalla on hyvä värisilmä, hieno pusero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiitos! Poju aina valitsee värinsä itse, en viitsis edes neuloa sille mitään, ellei se ole valinnut värejä itse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It looks great! I love the spider and the buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexandra - thank you! I thought for a moment that maybe the buttons looked a bit girly, but at least they didn't bother the boy.. I think they look cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Todella kivat yksityiskohdat raitapaidassa, antavat kummasti "sitä jotain"näköä, hyökkäämättä kuitenkaan silmille.

    Tattis kommentistasi, olihan kiva saada jotain valmiiksikin joskus.

    ReplyDelete