Saturday, July 25, 2009

The babe still won't cooperate with me

I give up. My lil one wins. It's useless trying to get her to keep still long enough to take a decent pic. Oh well.. This is the best one I got of her in her new tunic
The rest looked like this:

Like I said, the lil one wins. Anyway, I'm happy I finished this tunic, and I'm not going to sew any kind of knit fabric for a long time. Nope, not going to happen. I strongly disliked sewing this, I think you need to have a serger (or nerves of steel) to be able to get a tidy finish on this kind of fabric. I'm definitely making another tunic, but using a different kind of fabric. The tunic itself is quite cute, my fabric-choice was bad. Oh, and the buttons are horribly ugly, but I didn't want to waste pretty buttons on this. :)

Pattern: Muru-tunika, Ottobre 1/2009
Size: 80cm

2 comments:

  1. Aw she's so cute!!! The tunic looks really nice, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Alexandra! :) I think the only thing that saved my sanity while sewing this, was the blue fabric I used for the collar, sleeves and waist-line, the knit fabric was a whole lot easier to sew when I sewed the cotton along with it.

    ReplyDelete