First post - first FO. :) Ok, so this is a bit like cheating, because I started this hat last year, but as I finished it this year, it still counts. :) I've had the Odessa hat (rav link) in my Ravelry queue for ages, but only now decided to actually knit it. It was a really quick knit, I knit it in about a week. I was going to add beads, to add a bit of bling to the hat, but apparently I have trouble understanding written text, because it didn't sink into my brain that you were supposed to add the beads to the yarn before casting on. I just figured that I'd use the add-beads-with-crochet-hook-method that I usually use. Until I got to the first beads and realized that it couldn't be done that way. Bugger. So I had to decide between frogging the beginning and adding the beads or just knitting the hat without the beads. And as I'm not a big fan of frogging, I did the latter. And decided to knit another Odessa with beads at some point. The hat is so soft and smoochy I could wear it all the time. :)
Pattern: Odessa hat by Grumperina (ravel it)
Yarn: Sublime Yarns Extra Fine Merino Wool DK (one skein wasn't quite enough, so I had to knit the last 20 or so rows with another yarn, I used some Gedifra merino, can't remember exactly what it was called..)
Needles: 5mm & 6mm
I also started to knit myself a pair of socks, because I really need new woolly socks, especially with this really cold weather we've been having lately, it's -19C as we speak. Which of course it loads warmer than the -29.9C it was this morning. I knit happily along for several centimeters until I realized that the cuff was going to be way too tight. So, again, I was faced with the decision to frog or not to frog. But, as I just mentioned, frogging sucks, so the socks are now going to become mittens instead. I really need new mittens too, so it's actually a good thing. I can use some other yarn to make the socks. :)
This was originally going to be the Glynis-socks from Cookie A's Sock Innovation, (seen in this post), but after the tiny one pulled out the needles from the beginning of the sock I just never got round to fixing the thing. So in this case, I did frog. :O I really love this color, I wish I could duplicate it. Maybe one of these days I'll try.
I've also been dyeing some new yarn for the shop, but I just can't get my camera to show the colors right, no matter what settings I use. It's driving me mad! I'll only be able to list one new yarn, because the other colors look so wrong. Maybe I can get better pics tomorrow. I hope.