I was going to make myself a pair of striped kneehighs with Noro Kureyon sock yarn. I cast on a bunch of stitches (60, if I remember correctly), knit the ribbing, added four stitches and started knitting. And I knit and knit and and knit some more. After a while I tried my soon-to-be-kneehighs on and realized.. That I have thick calves. :( So, once again I was faced with the decision to frog or not to frog. And, well, ok, you all know how I feel about frogging, right? So once again I decided not to frog, and just start the heel instead. The cuff is quite long on these socks, but not quite up to my knee, maybe I'll just call them boot socks instead. :) Oh, and I may jus have ordered more Noro sock yarn that I'm going to knit into kneehighs later on. ;) I'm almost done with the first sock, just the toe decreases to go.
I love these colorways, I think I need to get one more skein of each. :)
My second WIP, that I started just yesterday, is a pair of Diamondback Mitts, by Stephen West from Watch Stephen Knit. I started knitting these with 4,5mm dpn's, but then I switched to 4mm's because I thought the beginning seemed a bit too sloppy. However, I should just have stuck with the 4,5mm's, because now these are just a wee bit too tight. But I think that if I just wet them and stretch them out a bit when they're done, they'll fit me just fine.