Saturday, November 7, 2009

No FO's to show off, Part II

Nope, none, not a one, zip, zilch, zero. So instead, I'll show you a bunch of WIP's and some stash enhancement. :)

Let's start with the monster. I have all the knitted parts ready, I just need to stuff the limbs and sew all the pieces together, and make the face.
I do have one problem with the monster tho, one leg is longer than the other, should I frog a couple rows on one leg, or let them be different lengths? I'm thinking I'll leave it the way it is. It is a monster, after all.

Next, we have a skinny scarf I'm knitting for myself. I bought one skein of this new yarn, Sandnes Garn Mini Palett, just to try it out. It's 75% wool, 25% nylon, but I definitely would not use this for socks, as the yarn is very thin in places. I'm using 5mm needles, so that the scarf is nice and soft.
Next we have two sewn pieces of clothing, but you can't really tell what they are, as I haven't gotten much further than just cutting up the fabric. I'm hoping I'll have time to do some sewing this weekend, because these need to be finished before Christmas. :O The first is a tunic, the second is a shirt for a boy. I got really stuck when making the slit (is that what it's called in English?) at the front of the tunic, I just didn't understand the instructions in the magazine. Good thing I was making it at my sewing course, otherwise I would probably have thrown the whole thing in the rubbish from frustration. Our teacher didn't understand the instructions any better than I did, but I did get it done, it just took me about two hours.

And now for the stash enhancement, I only bought three skeins, one of which was the Mini Palett, pictured here
I just love the colors in this yarn! And the two other skeins? I was just going to buy one skein, but the I remembered that I had this card in my wallet that allows me to get 30% off on my purchases, so I ended up buying two skeins of Noro sock yarn, whee! :) These will become a pair of stripey kneehigh socks when they grow up.

4 comments:

  1. Walking with a limp only makes him more monstery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I was thinking too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorothy - me too! Normally I don't like purples of any shade, but I think this is just perfect for Fall. Altho it'll probably be Winter before I finish it. :)

    ReplyDelete